Film Faced Shuttering Formwork Plywood, also known as shuttering plywood or formwork plywood. It is an engineered plywood product specially designed for use in concrete formwork and other construction projects. The primary purpose of film faced plywood is to provide a smooth and uniform surface that results in a high-quality concrete finish.
Features of Film Faced Shuttering Formwork Plywood
- Surface: The most distinctive feature of Film Faced Shuttering Formwork Plywood is its surface. Which is coated with a layer of waterproof phenolic film. This film not only provides a smooth and glossy finish but also protects the plywood from moisture, chemicals, and wear. It is available in various colors, such as black, brown, or even with a transparent layer, depending on the application requirements.
- Core Material: Film face plywood is typically made from high-quality hardwood or softwood veneers. Such as birch, poplar, or pine. Which are glued together using a strong and moisture-resistant adhesive, like melamine or phenolic resin.
- Strength and Durability: Thanks to its robust construction and the use of high-quality materials, shuttering offers excellent strength, rigidity, and durability. It can withstand heavy loads, making it suitable for a wide range of construction applications.
- Reusability: One of the significant advantages of film faced plywood is its reusability. If properly maintained, it can be reused multiple times, making it an economical choice for construction projects.
- Resistance: Film faced plywood is resistant to moisture, chemicals, and abrasion. Which helps in maintaining its structural integrity and prolonging its lifespan.
Applications of Film Faced Plywood
Film faced plywood is widely used in the construction industry for various applications, including:
- Concrete formwork: It is an ideal material for casting concrete due to its smooth surface, which helps create a high-quality concrete finish.
- Flooring and roofing: Its high strength and durability make it suitable for use as flooring and roofing material in various construction projects.
- Wall and column formwork: Film face plywood can be used to create wall and column formwork for structures like buildings, bridges, and tunnels.
- Temporary structures: Its reusability and ease of installation make it a popular choice for constructing temporary structures like scaffolding, stages, or exhibition booths.
Film face plywood is a versatile and reliable construction material. It can offers several advantages over traditional plywood. ROCPLEX film faced plywood durability, strength, and reusability make it an ideal choice for various construction applications, particularly in concrete formwork.
Please contact our sales team for more detailed information.